Monday, July 11, 2011

First Lost Tooth!

This little boy lost a tooth!  His first one.  Sometime during cooking camp, Landen told me his tooth was wiggly.  WIGGLY!  I looked at him closely and asked him how old he was.  He told me 5 1/2.  How in the world is he old enough to lose a tooth?  How is he 5 1/2?  As a mom, I am still struggling to understand where the time goes.  In a flash his tooth was wiggly.  In another flash, it was out of his mouth!  I think Dad helped it along a little.  I really was in no hurry to see a hole in his mouth.  He is a whole new boy.  Those baby-teeth smiles are gone forever.

He was having a hard time smiling...with that big hole in the front and all!  He is talking with a lisp!  His tongue goes right through that hole and a few sounds just won't come out right!

We sent a special note to the toothfairy.

Dear toothfairy,
You have not been to the Erickson house in quite some time.  The lost-tooth business slowed a bit here.  But, vacation is over!  Somehow Landen is 5 1/2 and somehow his teeth are loosening and dropping right out!  There is one lost tooth headed under his pillow tonight.  Your attention to this matter is greatly appreciated.  To be fair to Abbey, I think your payment rates should remain the same.  


Thank you!


P.S. The children would appreciate it if you came the same night that the tooth goes under the pillow.  Rather than a day or 2 or 3 later.  I know it is hard to remember sometimes.  Really hard to remember sometimes!  Do your best!

No comments:

Post a Comment